Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday all day

Another weekend. I cannot believe how quickly this year is going-I guess it has to be expected when you reach your 70's but I actually want it to slow down because I have so much to learn.
I tell my family, don't put off doing things you want to do (when you retire) 'cause you don't know how you will be when you reach retirement age. Decisions made in your 30's may no longer be an option at 65.
So do it now.
I was brought up to believe I had to do all my chores before I could possibly enjoy myself and as a result of that, the things I wanted to do-like draw and paint-I never did get around to, with 4 children to look after and a full time job.
So my advice to everyone is:
Every day do something you really enjoy.
Make time for it, even if it is only 15 minutes.
All those minutes will add up and feed your soul.
In 2005 I made a New Year Resolution to draw every day. That is the only NY Resolution I have ever kept but I should have continued into all the following years and I didn't.
I am very exied this morning as i have had a phone call from the framer and my Erte ladies are ready to pick up. I am puting these into our exhibition at Springwood in September. I will add a flyer for your interest :)

Couldn't add the flyer and I really must go and do some of that dreaded housework I was talking about. Art will be home soon for his bacon and egg sandwich, he  has been to golf this morning and his sanger is a Saturday special.

No comments: