Saturday, May 14, 2011

Nearly Gazette time!

The weather is stunningly beautiful today-clear crisp and blue skies-just the day to pull weeds and prune trees, I think. I have done some of that today but have now given up-'cause that is easy to do. Giving up I mean. Sounds like a good title for a song-'cause givin' up is easy to do" or was it 'Hard to do'
I bought a Stampin'Up Embosslits die called Sweetest Stem. It is so easy to work with and I shall invest in more of these dies. So that is a big thank you to Angela, it arrived so quickly.
At Encore the genius girls-Barbara and Chris- have taken my pattern away to enlarge so that I can get on with Skye's dress. I was a very privileged sewer when I was young as I just had to buy a pattern, cut it out, sew it up and wear it. No alterations necessary. And when I sewed for other people-what can I say -I was just younger. It never dawned on me that I couldn't do it-whatever 'it' was. I would love a bit of that confidence now.
We are off to the Hawkesbury show tomorrow as i have some items in the porcelain art section, so will post photos on Monday.

No comments: